MICHAEL C. BLACK
8679 Gray Fox Lane
King George, VA 22485
UNIVERSITY OF MARY WASHINGTON — Fredericksburg, VA
BLS in Media Studies, 2014 to Present
NORTHERN VIRGINIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE — Woodbridge, VA
Non-Degree, 2013 to 2014
RADFORD UNIVERSITY — Radford, VA
BS in Media Studies (Concentration in Production Technology), 2011 to 2013
ECPI COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY — Manassas, VA
AAS in Criminal Justice Technology, 2007, GPA: 3.0
University of Mary Washington Fredericksburg, VA
Student Aide 09/2014 – 07/2015
- Assisted with the development of technology exhibit on campus.
- Produced high quality pictures of items in exhibit for website.
- Updated website frequently with metadata.
Man Bites Dog Records Woodbridge, VA
Internship 01/2013 – 05/2014
- Manage company’s social media accounts.
- Interact with distribution companies for new album releases.
- Engage in artist promotion.
- Assist in overseeing the label’s online store orders.
- Contributed input on marketing strategies for artists signed to the label.
Pohanka Auto Group Fredericksburg, VA
Service Department 02/2005 – 08/2011
- Coordinated with service writers, automotive technicians, and employees in other departments to assist customers who drop their vehicles off for service.
- Compiled necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Verified receipt of new vehicles delivered to dealership.
- Supervised/Trained five employees.
Office of Criminal Justice Services Manassas, VA
Internship 12/2006 – 05/2007
- Documented and maintained casework records.
- Performed record checks and logged updated information into the PTCC system database.
- Observed intakes and conducted drug screenings.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Logic Pro.
- iMovie and Final Cut Pro.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows and Mac OSX.